When it comes to rejuvenation, if you are anything like me, you are in constant search of the next new thing or trend to try. As you know the aging effects of sugar in your diet are not great, but guess what? Sugar on your body and face is great!
Yes, you heard me right. Sugar cane produces the natural alpha hydroxy acid that is used in expensive facial peels in cosmetic clinics and spas.
The good news is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to give your complexion a new, youthful glow and diminished wrinkles. You can make up a homemade sugar scrub, which will do the same job and start rejuvenating your skin today. I use it regularly for best rejuvenating results.
· ½ cup white cane sugar (note that organic doesn’t work as well for this recipe)
· ½ cup glycerin to moisten the sugar (or olive oil if out of glycerin)
· Small amount of aloe vera gel, vitamin C crystals, or witch hazel
· 1 or 2 drops of desired essential oil (optional)
Summary of benefits
1. Rejuvenates skin
2. Inexpensive and easy to use
3. Improves complexion by exfoliation
4. Makes you feel good
How to store it
You can buy pretty, inexpensive glass jar in a dollar store, and store this mixture in the jar so it’s always ready to use. You can make as much, or as little of this recipe as you want, depending on whether you want to use it just on your face or as a whole body scrub as well. Just remember to mix equal amounts of sugar and glycerin.
What is your favorite facial scrub? Do you want to share additional homemade recipes?