Do you want to look younger than your age? Of course… we all do. Skin is our largest organ, so we must take steps to protect it and keep it healthy. This applies to both men and women. Below are some rejuvenating strategies you can apply to look younger than your age:
1) Most obvious is to avoid sun between 10 am and 4 pm, that’s when most damage is done to the skin. Apply lotion with SPF, even on cloudy days, as UV rays penetrate through clouds. Wear protective clothing. Protect your eyes with polarized sunglasses.
2) No smoking. Not only is it bad for your health, but it causes wrinkles around the mouth from pursing lips and squinting eyes while inhaling and exhaling. It ages and dehydrates your skin. Not to mention money you save not having to buy cigarettes!
3) Cleanse your face with an exfoliating agent (and gentlemen, that applies to you too), to remove dirt and bacteria from the surface, and to keep it from drying out. Soap is notorious for drying out skin. Dry skin wrinkles easier than hydrated skin.
4) Follow up cleansing with good quality anti aging moisturizer, and remember that more expensive is not necessarily better. Look at the ingredients, not the cost.
5) Exercise, and proper diet, of course, is right up there when it comes to keeping good health and youthful looks. It helps if you enjoy working out, but note that you must do activities that are enjoyable to you. Who wants to do things that are a big chore? I surely don’t. It doesn’t have to be costly. Walking is free, and accessible just outside your door. Swimming gives good resistance training and is easy on the joints. As you are well aware, there are many types of exercises, so choose what works for you.
More to come on this subject. Comments and suggestions are welcome.