Do you want to erase cellulite now?
Looking younger involves more than just making your face look a certain way by applying various anti aging skin care procedures. Your skin covers your body as well as the face. Right? It is just as important to pay the same attention to your body as it is for facial care. As we get older, our skin starts to get lax all over as collagen levels start to decrease.
What is cellulite?
One of the major concerns for us female folk is cellulite. Is there anyone alive that hadn’t heard of it? I doubt it. Inasmuch as we have all heard of it, what exactly is cellulite? It is clumps of fat that push up against connective tissue underneath the skin, when you develop that ripply, orange peel skin texture, or cottage cheese skin you all know too well. Cellulite typically builds up around the butt and thighs. Oh joy! Just where you want it :(. It is much more prevalent in women, 9 out of 10 women have it, but only about 10 per cent of men get it. The reason for that is because women have thinner skin, which make those lumps more visible.
What causes cellulite?
There are too many factors to mention in this article, but here are some most common causes:
- Hormonal factors: estrogen, thyroid and insulin contribute to development of cellulite
- Genetics: gender, slow metabolism, circulatory problems, distribution of fat underneath the skin
- Smoking: impairs production of collagen therefore making skin less resilient
What can be done to erase it or reduce it?
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetables and fiber
- Maintain normal weight and exercise. Although thin women can and do have cellulite, with less weight, there is less fat underneath the skin, thus reducing cellulite
- Flaxseed is an amazing food. It increases much needed collagen production to increase the tightness and support for skin
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water, another magical element our bodies crave. It hydrates and plumps skin making it appear less lumpy.
- Retinol, a derivative of vitamin A is just as good for the skin as it is for facial skin. It makes skin smoother, and adding vitamins A, C, and E boosts the smoothing out effect.
- While it is debatable whether exercise helps, it certainly won’t hurt to keep fit. Walk your dog, go for a swim or a walk. Do whatever activity you enjoy, but do it consistently. Do whatever it takes to get rid of that ripply skin.