The latest product to hit rejuvenating market is Argan oil, or liquid gold, as some call it. The very first time I heard of it was via email, advertising 1 liquid oz. for $175!! What caught my attention was the price. I thought: wow, must have magic properties for that price. Immediately, I went in search of information about this rather expensive “liquid gold”. Much to my surprise, there was a lot of information about this beneficial oil.
Argan tree is native to Morocco. It grows in arid soil, and is now protected by the government to keep it from extinction. What makes Argan oil so beneficial to the skin, is its high natural Vitamin E content and antioxidant properties. Vitamin E nourishes the skin, making it younger looking and silky smooth to the touch.
Argan Oil benefits for skin:
- Apply to your face before starting any facial device procedure for a smooth glide
- Moisturizes dry skin, giving it elasticity
- Apply to dry, cracked heels for a quick healing of cracks
- Rub it into your scalp before shampooing for shiny, healthy hair
- Pour a few drops into the palm of your hands, gently rub between your hands to warm it up, massage into body. Enjoy its luxurious, silky smoothness on your skin
- Apply to lips as a lip balm
Things to look for when purchasing:
- Make sure it is 100% pure Argan oil
- It should be packaged in a dark colored glass bottle to retain its natural benefits
- It should have a mild, nutty smell
- Avoid other chemicals or added fragrance
- Avoid a strong or no odor at all, it is not pure Argan oil
A word of caution: Argan oil can be edible or cosmetic grade. Edible oil can still be used on the skin, but beauty grade oil should not be ingested. Other than that, there is no down side to Argan oil. Do you have Argan oil in your medicine cabinet? Share your tips.