Healthy, glowing, youthful skin is something we all strive for. In our younger years, skin care is simple, but as we get older, anti aging facial skin care becomes a more complex issue. Our skin becomes lax due to decrease in collagen production. Environmental elements start to take a cumulative toll, as does past exposure to sun, smoking and alcohol consumption. Since we can’t turn back the time, there is much we can do to reverse or repair past damage and slow down aging progression.
Although I firmly believe that beauty comes from within, it’s important to know that facial rejuvenation procedures need to include some very important elements necessary to keep us more youthful looking. These elements come in the form of a supplement or topical applications. Read on.
Tips on anti aging skin care
1) Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A and is well known for its wrinkle fighting properties, improving skin texture, and minimizing age spots. Retinol creams can cause sun sensitivity, so it’s best to apply it at bedtime.
2) Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, meaning it draws water from air and dermis, thus providing an excellent medium for attracting moisture to the skin. It encourages production of much needed collagen for a “springy” skin.
3) Antioxidants are well known for their anti aging properties by neutralizing those pesky free radicals. They prevent and repair damage to body tissue and cells and encourage cell growth. Antioxidants are abundant in vitamins C and E, pomegranate and green tea. I think it’s essential that we get antioxidants in all forms: diet, vitamins and creams.
1) Take cool showers, hot water dries out skin. Apply antioxidant rich body lotion. Glycerin containing cleaning products help attract moisture. Petroleum jelly, lanolin and beeswax keep moisture in.
2) Wear light cotton socks and gloves to bed, they make skin amazingly soft and silky.
3) Eat a diet rich in fruits & vegetables. They help skin stay hydrated and even toned, They supply essential nutrients that we need to stay healthy.
4) Stick to organic food as much as you possibly can.
5) Stay out of sun. Wearing a sunscreen with SPF15 may reverse photoaging
6) Exercise helps build muscle mass which we lose with age. Pick something that is enjoyable, you are more likely to stick with it.
Leave a comment